1 item, 3 ways to wear it! Check them all out here:
Monday, August 11, 2014
Saturday, August 9, 2014
Everyone is wearing buns now-a-days, and there are so many ways to wear them! This one is super elegant looking. :-)
For this hairstyle, you will need the following:
Sock Bun Maker (found HERE on my etsy shop)
Now on with the tutorial! :-)
1. Put hair in high ponytail. Place it in the spot that you want the bun to be.
3. Fan hair out around the sock bun like so.
4. Find the small section you left out, and divide it in three, preparing to start a Dutch French braid. (If you are unfamiliar with the Dutch French Braid, please see the tutorial HERE.)
5. Grab a small section from the hair hanging over the bun maker, and add it to the left piece.
6. Cross this new left section UNDER the middle section, then cross the right piece UNDER the (new) middle section..
7. Continue Dutch French Braid around (adding hair only to the left section, and crossing left under middle, then right under middle each time)
8. Once you have added in the last piece of hair from on top of the bun, continue braiding the hair all the way down.
9. Wrap the tail around the bun. (if you have shorter hair, the tail won't be as long)10. Use bobby pins to hide the tail, and to secure all the way around.
11. Gently pull the sides of each braid loop all the way around to make the braid look extra full and thick.
And you are finished! This hairstyle took me 2 times to get it down, so don't give up if it doesn't turn out right the first time! Remember, practice makes perfect! :-)
The inside out French braid is so easy to do, and is used in so many of those "fancy" hair styles you see on pinterest and magazines. It is just slightly different from a regular French braid, but just as easy.
1. Separate the top section of your hair.
2. Divide this top section into 3 sections.
3. Cross the far right piece UNDER the middle one.4. Next, cross the far left piece UNDER the (new) middle one.5.Draw up a portion of hair on the right side of your head and add it to the far right section6. Repeat on the left side.7. Cross right piece UNDER middle piece.
8. Cross left piece UNDER (new) middle piece.
9. Repeat steps 5-8 down your head, until you run out of hair.
10. Keep braiding by crossing sides under middle. Fasten off with a hairband.
Viola! You are done!